Sunday

ENDINGS AS BEGINNINGS..and ALWAYS, LOVE

I was going through some old magazines, collecting for my files of images, quotes and typefaces for serious collage playing. Here are a few new favorite quotes from a couple of months worth, telling of the value of seeing endings as beginning, and about a key quality of life, LOVE. I thought I would share them for your retreats and conversations, for your journaling and contemplations. I hope you will enjoy them with my love.

(The Artist is Tyler, the Photographer is Titrung.)

"Every exit is an entry somewhere else." ~Tom Stoppard

"The births of all things are weak and tender, and therefore we should have our eyes intent on beginnings." ~Montaigne

"Time is a created thing. To say 'I don't have time' is to say 'I don't want to.'" ~Lao Tzu

"There are a hundred paths through the world that are easier than loving. But, who wants easier?" ~Mary Oliver

"Without warning as a whirlwind swoops on an oak Love shakes my heart." ~Sappho

(I have an all-time favorite from Sappho, I must remember to add here sometime. I've framed it and given it to the love of my life.)

"Of all fires love is the only inexhaustible one." ~Pablo Neruda

"The weight of love / Has buoyed me up / Till my head / Knocks against the sky." ~William Carlos Williams

"This is a deep, permanent human condition, this need to be loved and to love." ~Annie Proulx

"Dance with me...dance with me...all night long... / We are the music...we are the song." ~Nikki Giovanni

"I look at you  and I would rather look at you than all the portraits in the world...." ~Frank O'Hara